Cosmetic Dental Services Bakersfield, CA
At Premier Family Dentistry, we offer cosmetic dental services in Bakersfield. Patients can benefit from having a single procedure or having a full smile makeover. We understand that a persons' smile can transform their entire appearance, restore self-confidence, and make it easier to speak clearly. Whether your goal is to improve your appearance or to improve the functionality of your teeth – we can help.
Schedule a Cosmetic Dental Procedure Today
If you live in Bakersfield, CA, we invite you to call (661) 238-1197 and schedule a consultation to speak with Dr. Chinh T Nguyen. During your appointment, we will examine your teeth and discuss the goals that you have for your smile. Since there are so many types of procedures to choose from, it is important to understand what you are trying to accomplish so that we can customize a recommendation that fits your lifestyle and timeframe goals.
Before we schedule any cosmetic dental services, we will want to ensure that your teeth and gums are in good health. It is essential that they are. Otherwise, you will take longer to heal, and your teeth will continue to deteriorate over time. Starting with healthy teeth, or restoring damaged ones during the process, is important for keeping your new smile looking fabulous for years to come.
Simultaneously, your gums need to be in good health before completing any major cosmetic work. Many people are unaware of how important the connection between the gums and teeth are. If your gums are receding or you have some level of gum disease, it will continue to advance and put your teeth at risk for further infection and even bone loss. Any level of gum disease can jeopardize any cosmetic work that we complete. Thus, if gum disease is present, we will treat it first.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Cosmetic Dental Services Bakersfield
Enhance Your Smile the Way You Want
Once you are ready for a cosmetic procedure, we will have you come in for your scheduled appointment time. We typically recommend starting with a teeth whitening procedure. This can be important because any restoration or cosmetic work you choose can involve creating a crown or veneer. Whether restoring a damaged tooth or replacing it, we typically create a new tooth using resin, ceramic, or porcelain. These materials are all similar in nature and are stain resistant. If we transform your smile with veneers, for example, they will not stain like natural teeth. The challenge is that they do not whiten like natural teeth either. That means that before you have cosmetic work, you will want to ensure that your natural teeth are the shade that you like. If you have all of your teeth corrected, then this is not an issue. If, however, you are only focusing on one or two teeth, they will be made to match your surrounding teeth. If you do not like their color, the newly-restored tooth will also be a shade that you do not like.
Our team will then go to work on transforming your smile from ordinary to stunning. Whether we are closing gaps between teeth, changing their overall shape or size, covering dark stains, straightening teeth, or restoring teeth, our cosmetic dental services can give you the smile you have always wanted. For more information or to speak with Premier Family Dentistry call 661-238-1197.
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. How healthy do my teeth need to be for certain cosmetic dental services?
Q. Do receding gums get in the way of a cosmetic procedure?
Q. Are cosmetic dental products immune to stains?
People Also Ask
Q. Can a smile makeover include teeth whitening?
Q. Can dental cosmetics replace my teeth?
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- An allograft is a graft of tissue from a donor within the same species as the patient that is not a genetic relative.
- Alveolar Ridge
- The alveolar ridge is the bony ridge for one of the jaw ridges located on the roof of the mouth or on the bottom of the mouth.
- An autograft is a graft of tissue from one portion of an individual’s body to another.
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cap Splint
- A cap splint is a plastic or metallic device that professionals may use to treat mandible or maxillary fractures and cover crowns of teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
Back to top of Cosmetic Dental Services
How Cosmetic Dentistry Can Help With Preventative Dental Care
Looking into your cosmetic dentistry options so you can be sure that your mouth is as healthy as it can be? Smart. Many people do not realize that there are some cosmetic treatment services that can help prevent future dental-related problems. Ready to learn more about preventative dental care?Understanding that many cosmetic dentistry treatments not…
Can A Cosmetic Dentist Replace Missing Teeth?
If you are missing one or more of your teeth, you may have considered working with a cosmetic dentist. Many patients have been hiding their teeth in photos and social settings for so long that closed-mouth smiles have become habitual. If you have been missing a tooth, schedule an appointment with a cosmetic dentist today. They…
Who Needs Dental Bonding In Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is the dental field that focuses on improving the form and function of the teeth. One of the most popular ways to achieve this is through dental bonding, which is a simple cosmetic dentistry procedure that a lot of people may benefit from. A lot of the time, dental bonding is an elective…
What Is A Cosmetic Dentist?
People typically go to a cosmetic dentist to fix the flaws in teeth and improve the appearance of their mouth and smile in the process. Though a lot of the people who go may have serious problems with their teeth, many who have healthy teeth also visit cosmetic dentists for simple procedures like teeth whitening.To…